Officers of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA)
The Officers of the Association are:
- the President and Vice-President, each elected for one year by the General Assembly;
- the Chairperson of the Executive Committee, who is elected for three years by the General Assembly;
- the Vice-Chairperson, who is elected by the Executive Committee from among its Members for a one-year term,
- the Treasurer, who is a Member of the Association nominated by the Executive Committee and elected for three years by the General Assembly
- the Chair of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP), who is elected for a three-year term by delegates attending the CWP Business Meeting.
The President is nominated by the Branch which is to host the next plenary Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference and the Vice-President by the Branch to host in the succeeding year.
Click here for a full list of current Officers of the Association