Purpose of role:
Led by the Head of Programmes, the CPA Programmes team is the largest division within the CPA Headquarters Secretariat. The CPA Programmes Team is divided into two spheres: Multilateral Engagement and Bilateral Engagement.
The first sphere focuses heavily on the CPA's network coordination (Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians, CPA Small Branches, Commonwealth Parliamentarians with Disabilities and Youth Engagement) with the second sphere, Bilateral Engagement, focusing on in-country institutional strengthening programmes including the CPA Parliamentary Academy. The CPA Programmes Team oversees the delivery of all CPA programmes, projects, and seminars.
Under the direction of a Programmes Manager, the Programmes Administrator provides operational and administrative support to Programmes Managers and delivery teams during the life-cycle of a project and takes a supporting role in the coordination of specific work streams within projects and programmes. The work involved with be varied and rewarding, and the role-holder will play an important part in strengthening parliamentary institutions and enhancing the capacity of parliamentarians and parliamentary staff to increase good governance processes across the Commonwealth.
Enthusiasm, commitment, and drive are key characteristics we are looking for in this role-holder.
Primary Duties or Responsibilities
Operational and Administrative Support
- Providing general project and programme delivery support, around the planning and delivery of workshops, seminars, diplomacy outreach visits, conferences and other technical assistance activities (virtual and physical).
- Development and maintenance of the CPA Secretariat’s database on Dynamics 365.
- Monitoring and evaluation support through tracking of participant/attendee responses in relation to the various programmes and events delivered by the Programmes Team.
- Organising webinars, team meetings, and conference calls/video conferences, often across multiple different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of meeting documents.
- Maintaining and updating the CPA HQ website, as and when required by colleagues.
- Supporting Programme Managers on related CPA network activities and governance arrangements.
- Support the maintenance of the CPA Parliamentary Academy learning management system (LMS), registering and processing of users, and updating online courses.
- Production of key project outputs including reports, presentations, exercises, outcome reports, etc.
- Proofreading/editing of documents, and drafting correspondence/letters/emails and speeches, where necessary/appropriate as instructed by the Programmes Manager.
Travel Management and coordination
- Provide support to staff and participants preparing for deployment, including (but not limited to) updating travel plans and itineraries.
- Communicate with travel agencies to obtain estimated airfares and hotel accommodation quotes.
- Reconciles travel expenditures for programme participants and submits claims for authorisation and payment.