Event Hub - 66th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference
Dates: 30 September - 6 October 2023
Location: Accra, Ghana
Hosted by: Parliament of Ghana and CPA Ghana Branch
The 66th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC) was hosted by the Parliament of Ghana and the CPA Ghana Branch in Accra, Ghana, from 30 September to 6 October 2023.
The 66th CPC was held under the theme of 'The Commonwealth Charter 10 years on: Values and Principles for Parliaments to Uphold'. 2023 marks the 10th anniversary of the Commonwealth Charter which outlines the principles and values of the Commonwealth.
During the 66th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference, there were also be a number of additional conferences and meetings including:
- 66th CPA General Assembly
- meetings of the CPA Executive Committee
- 39th CPA Small Branches Conference
- meetings of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) and Commonwealth Parliamentarians with Disabilities (CPwD) networks
- 57th Society of Clerks at the Table (SoCATT) meeting
- presentation of the 2023 Commonwealth Parliamentarian of the Year awards
- the inaugural Emilia Monjowa Lifaka Lecture.
A full round up of all of the conference news and workshop reports from the 66th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC) in Ghana will appear in The Parliamentarian: Conference Issue out in November 2023.
Images and resources
Read the Conference Concluding Statement
In the interest of continuous improvement, the CPA and the CPC Hosts are keen to receive feedback on the 66th CPC.
Following the 66th CPC, the CPA Headquarters Secretariat will be conducting a review of the CPC modalities. In determining what changes may be required moving forward, it is vital for us to receive input and feedback from participants, especially the CPA Membership.
Please take some time to provide this all-important feedback.
The Parliamentarian: Ghana Profile
The 66th CPC Ghana supplement to The Parliamentarian features articles by Members of Parliament and parliamentary staff on a diverse range of topics including the development of Ghana’s Parliament over the last 30 years, gender mainstreaming to increase women’s representation, public engagement through the Ghana’s Citizens’ Bureau and the development of its youth programmes. View below on ISSUU or click here to download.
More pre-Conference reading:
- Climate change: Innovations in Climate Change Acts: Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria in focus
- Education: The state of education in the Commonwealth
- Commonwealth: The Commonwealth Charter 10 years on
If you have any questions regarding the 66th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference, please contact us at email@example.com.